Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I just set up my danby kegerator, brand new out of the box.

I just set up my danby kegerator, brand new out of the box. I followed the instructions to a T, and no beer is coming out of the tap!!! Any insight would be helpful considering the costumer service line is closed. thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.
There is a check ball located in the center of the probe in the coupler. Place coupler in a bucket of hot water and then using small brush or tool push the ball towards the top of the probe to free if stuck. certain that the retainer at the top of the probe is in place. Otherwise the check ball will prevent beer from flowing into the beer line. There is a chance you do not have the check ball installed, it has to be installed otherwise you will not get any beer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, so the instruction manual was very vague on that part. the coupler, im assuming is the part connected to the keg? also, i dont know if this would be against your policy, but i feel this might be easier if i could talk to you over the phone. if that is possible could you call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX? thank you for the answer thus far, and i will begin working that to see if i can deiscover what you are talking about.
Yes it would be easier to talk to me over the phone, but it is against policy I am afraid. You should see a retainer and a check ball. The ball has to work properly to keep beer from flowing back into the keg. If your plastic ball retainer is missing then you can have this problem, you can check it by taking the ball out completely to see if you get flow.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank you i figured that might be the policy. so how long would the keg need to pressurize before i would be able to get flow? if i can hear the ball rattling around in there does that necessarily mean that it is good, or should i take it out? also could i test this with running water the ensure that it works prior to reconnecting?
Your unit maybe missing the plastic ball retainer. Take it apart and see if the ball just falls out by itself. This is sounding like your issue. Also what is the liquid temp currently.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is a small white plastic piece inside of the fitting and the ball does not come out on its own. current temp is definitely below 40 deg F. however not positive exact temp. its a good beer drinking temp if the answers you question.
What kind of beer keg are you trying to tap? The Danby units only come with a domestic coupler and will not work with a foreign keg or beer like Heineken.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
holly shit!!!! why would they not advertise that!!!!!!!!!!!! its a newcastle 13 gallon keg. wow! thank you. you wouldnt happen to know where i could get a foreign coupler? and also if it would work with the provided hose? thank you. i will be accepting your answer, just wondering if you could answer those last couple of questions.
Yes you can get the correct coupler off Amazon or keg works here are the links...please remember to click Accept and bonuses are greatly appreciated..thanks