Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have ice buildup on the back wall of my freeaer compartment

I have ice buildup on the back wall of my freeaer compartment that is covering the vents. How do I get the frost off. I emptiedy it and changed the temperature to lowest setting. Gail Wachowski model795.7608 bottom freezer refrigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

hi Gail, the best way to remove the Frost is to remove the back panel inside the freezer section itself and take a hairdryer and defrosted all. Defrosting just the panel or just the coil vent holes will not prevent this from happening again and most likely will happen pretty fast, you need to remove the panel itself on the. Back wall inside the freezer, there is a bit more to this model number, can you check inside the fresh food section either on one of the side walls or on the ceiling and get me the full model number? thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay you need to remove the panel marked 332A on this diagram, once that is removed take a hairdryer and defrost all the ice and frost from the coils, do you hear the fan running in the freezer? .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The fan is not running now but did before I turned down the temp. cannot fiund panel in picture. can I get to it in the freezer compartment or do I need to go behind the unit?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Inside the freezer itself, you need to remove the ice maker if you have it and then there are screws in the panel remove them and pull the panel out, it can be a pain but it's the only way to get rid of all the Frost, you will need to replace the defrost thermostat after you are done clearing all the Frost out, this will run correctly until the part comes in once you get it defrosted, you will see this connected in the freezer once you get it all defrosted, you can order it at the following link for around $16.00 once you get the thing defrosted the cover back in and the refrigerator will run correctly until the part comes in then you will need to take the back off again and replaced the part. If you do not put the cover back on it will not run correctly so the panel needs to be put back in until the part comes in, thanks very best wishes, Bryan