Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a microwave model JVM 150 001. I want to remove it.

I have a microwave model JVM 150 001. I want to remove it. Under the grill on the top of the unit are the two long bolts that I understand connect the unit to the wall bracket. I loosened them but the unit does not budge.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

give me a few minutes to look up your model , thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Am i supposed to respond to your last message
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay I brought up some diagrams you release the 2 rods that hold it to the back plate look in that area and see if there is a release handle you need to pull, some of them had them some of them don't also check up in the cabinet and make sure there are no screws going down through the top connecting this to the cabinet top, usually there is a handle you have to pull though to release it from the back panel after you take the screws out it will be a thin handle type piece you pull out toward you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no release handle and there are no bolts either from the top or sides. I have been searching online and read about those two matters. There are, to my eye, only the two longs bolts that obviously run all the way to the back of the installation. I looked up this unit and it is about 25 years old. Too bad I am not in Tennessee
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay so the microwave has bee up there for that long ? give me a few minutes, trying to check the diagrams closely, be back shortly.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay according to the diagram theres nothing I can see accept the rods you removed , what can happen is if these are up for a long period of time the would can swell on the cabinets and actually hold the microwave from coming down, the cabinets can actually squeeze it what you need to try is see if you can get something between it and pry down just make sure you holding onto the microwave because when it let's go it's gonna come down fast, there doesn't appear to be anything else on the diagram that I can see the Rod numbers are number 1405 on this diagram and there should be two of them one on each side, let me know if it comes down just be careful when it let's go it's gonna be heavy, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It will not budge, but I will say that I cannot remove the long bolts. They back out about 3/8" to 1/2" and I can feel that they are loose but the rods each have a cotter pin to prevent them from coming out any further.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
oh okay try putting them back a bit . this is an old machine you may have the type that had to line up with the slots to slide through, have you tried that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean but thanks for trying. I will pay the 30 bucks for your time.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I wish I was close to you Id help you out, I'm gonna keep looking at different diagrams and see what we are missing, its old so hard to find them. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You have charged my debit card twice at 30 dollars each
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry, when you hit accept twice it automatically does that, I'll put in for a refund for you. thanks Bryan. please do not respond to this so you don't get another charge.