Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my whirlpool microwave model #mh1160xsbo fan and stove light

my whirlpool microwave model #mh1160xsbo fan and stove light circuit quit working. i checked the 250v fuse, it's good. any ideas wantit could be? thanks, barry
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

the fan on the microwave runs and the lights ? does the light inside come on when you open the door ? is the clock lit ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no, fan does not work or the stove light does not either, light inside does work when door is opened, yes clock works as does the micro wave, but with no fan operating

okay, sorry I misread it. do the buttons beep when you press them and try to start them ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i have beeps from both fan and light switch operations
okay this means the keypad is good, the problem is the control board. also call the microcomputer. part # XXXXX . Sears has this in stock for $102.00 I'm not sure how much you want to put into this however, thats up to you but heres a link to the part, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Whirlpool-Parts/Microwave-Parts/W10197763/0022/664/M odel-MH1160XSB6/1198/0123370?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W0812060&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=MH1160XSB6&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=MICROWAVE&blt=11&shdMod= thanks Bryan
okay this means the keypad is good, the problem is the control board. also call the microcomputer. part # XXXXX . Sears has this in stock for $102.00 I'm not sure how much you want to put into this however, thats up to you but heres a link to the part, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Whirlpool-Parts/Microwave-Parts/W10197763/0022/664/Model-MH1160XSB6/1198/0123370?keySuffixId=NA&pathT aken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W0812060&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=MH1160XSB6&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=MICROWAVE&blt=11&shdMod= thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
want a different view of my problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my whirlpool microwave stove light and microwave fan does not work.the exhaust fan does not funtion either. i checked the 120v fuse, it is good. any ideas?
Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. The fan and light are both controlled from the board Bryan suggested, I agree with his diagnosis.