Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have Jenn aire microwave model # XXXXX that is starting

We have Jenn aire microwave model # XXXXX that is starting to do strange things. Sometimes, after we have cooked in it, the microwave starts on it's own. If we are cooking in it, it will add time or restart after the item has been cooked. The touch buttons do not always work and it is becoming both frustrating and scary.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this means your keypad is shorting , it will need to be replaced. I'll see if I can get you the part # XXXXX you wish.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Bryan, along with a part number, do you have any idea the cost and is this something we have to have a technician install? Thank you Betsy
okay Betsy the part # XXXXX $ on the diagram. its the control panel itself with the keypad integrated into it unfortunately, you will need to get the panel replaced. the part # XXXXX XXXXX they are showing it out of stock. you can probably find on by googling it however this can be a pain to install so you may want to have a technician do this . the part is around $290.00. I would call around and see who can get it and how much to install it. hope this info is useful. thanks and well wishes, Bryan