Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I have a GE oven and the oven light bulb went out. I replaced

Customer Question

I have a GE oven and the oven light bulb went out. I replaced the bulb but the digital 'pad' is dead. The top of the oven heating elements still work fine. So there's power to the oven. Any thoughts before I call the repair guy?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hello.

When you say the digital pad is dead: Do you mean the buttons don't work OR the clock and everything are off and the buttons won't respond?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Clock and everything are off and buttons dont respond. As noted, I can turn on the top heating elements but nothing happening below in the oven.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
That definitely sounds like the control board on the unit has failed and will need to be replaced. The model number you posted is not pulling up so I will need you to double check it for me. The model number is XXXXX on a sticker down on the legs. You have to open the drawer to see it. Can you post that for me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Robert: It is JB 700S N1SS
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
WB27T11276 is the part number for the clock/control on this unit. It is 103 dollars at www.searspartsdirect.com. Replacing the clock is very easy. You will just need to pull the unit away from the wall and unplug it. Remove the panel on the back of the control panel to access the clock. Transfer the wires to the new clock and then remove the old clock and install the new one. The entire job will take about 15 minutes. Let me know if you have any other questions for me. I will glad to answer them.
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Robert: OK - but I wonder why GE wouldn't supply the part and - important - under warranty - this oven is only 2 years old. I want to give you a positive feedback but I can't until I solve the problem, right?

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
The warranty on these units has been reduced to 1 year completely. You can call GE but they have been known to tell people no 2 days after the warranty expires. If you want to leave feedback you can wait until you fix the problem.That is not a problem. Just know that you can always come back to me if you have any questions or hit any snags.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fair enough, Robert. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Just let me know if you need anything else.