Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My 2 year old LG refrigerator has been shutting off intermintally

My 2 year old LG refrigerator has been shutting off intermintally and today itlooks like for good! What happens is that the thermostat display panel for the fridge goes completely out but for the freezer panel both the 6 and 7 are illuminated. We were told to unplug it and plug it back in to reset it- that has done the trick in the past but today it comes back on but goes back out quickly- any help on how to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated. Model # XXXXX LFC20760SW/02
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

your main control board is bad, this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind a cover. you need to replace the board. this is a common problem with these. you can order this @ .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you think Sears or another appliance location would have these- I need to fix it today as we are going out of town and I will lose all my food- we bought it at Sears

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if theres an appliance part store nearby they may. not sure about Sears though, here the part # XXXXX you can check.

Pcb assembly,main

Manufacturer Number EBR41531301 I hope that helps. thanks Bryan