Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

model# XXXXX high efficiency washer. Coded Ld , cleared

model# XXXXX high efficiency washer. Coded Ld , cleared drain lines @ replaced draining pump , still stops @ 24 mins & will not drain.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

Let me pull the tech manual on your unit.

Customer:

ok

Robert :

Check the drain hose on the unit. Is it taped or clamped off on the drain pipe? How far down into the pipe is the hose?

Robert :

I know you replaced the pump and checked the hose, I just need to go through everything for piece of mind.

Customer:

drain hose is not clamped off or clogged and is no different in position than it has been for five years , however I did put liquid plumber in drain pipe on house side in case water is backing up. That action took place approx 15 mins ago

Customer:

i will flush house side drain now to ensure it is clear

Robert :

Do you hear the pump running when you put it on drain and spin?

Robert :

Double check the wiring on it also. I have been known to forget about plugging it in before.

Robert :

Once you check that let me know. There are only a few limited things it could be.

Customer:

problem is it is digital , can't just put it on drain & spin. Paused it while chatting (15 mins) , tried to re-start but just get flashing time & repeated , rapid beeping.As faras plugged in , we're good at pump

Robert :

That Bravos is a picky one.

Robert :

Can you spin the tub freely by hand.

Customer:

could it be computer/electronics problem ? Yes , tub spins freely

Customer:

should I unplug it to clear memory ?

Robert :

I would unplug it for about 5 minutes and then plug it back in. The plug may spark when you do it but don't worry, it is normal on these units.

Robert :

Have you seen any other errors lately?

Robert :

F51 maybe?

Customer:

Code Po once prior to changing pump but code Ld was the one that appeared repeatedly , no Po since trying it this time

Customer:

coded Ld again just prior to unplugging

Robert :

Ok. I am checking all bulletins for possible suggestions. I don't like saying 'replace the control' without being sure.

Customer:

Have not seen F51. May be better off buying new one tomorrow , 5 years old with family of 7. Never been impressed with this washer anyway , 3rd pump and loosing confidence in machine

Customer:

Hey brother , I have a friend who is a journeyman electrician always looking for additional ways to earn money , can he contact " just answers" about part time work at night or is this a full time gig ?

Robert :

I hear that alot. These units have a big problem with the pump because it is not protected. The control boards have been updated 4 times due to failures and the tub bearing starts making a grinding noise.

Robert :

I can send you a referral.

Robert :

Just give me your full name and your email address. Post the email address with a space where the @ symbol is or it won't show up.

Robert :

His info, sorry.

Robert :

Here is a video that will show you how to put the unit into diagnostics and it clears the codes when it is done if you want to try it.

Robert :

You can work on this site whenever you want.

Robert :

No hours, no long time commitment.

Customer:

can you send referral to my e-mail (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX) ? That grinding thing is striking a cord , found a nickle below impellar so I changed pump because I thought that was the source of noise , will spinning tub by hand produce grinding noise if bearings are bad ?

Robert :

The grinding noise will start slow and progress as the spin speed increases. You would have to spin it pretty good to hear it. Repost that email without the @ symbol. It won't show up until you do. I need you first and last name too.

Customer:

Michael Flynn (mikesharvest hotmail.com)

Robert :

Referral sent.

Robert :

Did the reset work for you?

Customer:

haven't plugged in yet. What steps should I take when I do ? Don't want to mess anything up

Robert :

Plug the unit in and press the start button. Try pushing the spin speed button one time and see what time pops up. Don't hit anything else or turn the knob until you tell me what the screen says.

Customer:

plugged in , pushed power , time showed 48 mins , pushed start and then pushed spin speed once and time dropped to 37 mins then immediately to 36 mins but nothing happened outside of spin speed indicator light shows "no spin" and lid did not lock

Robert :

Hit the cancel button. Does you unit have a rinse and spin option and an extra rinse button?

Customer:

yes , rinse & spin on dial and extra rinse is seperate button

Robert :

Turn the unit on. Set the knob to rinse and spin. Push the extra rinse button(light should go off). Press start. That should be the way you can drain and spin on this unit. Let me know if it works.

Customer:

did that , first time I hit start......nothing and lid did not lock , I hit cancel and start again and this time lid locked but no response from the patient. Time reads 33mins.

Robert :

If the unit still will not drain the water and spin out, even on a regular cycle, then you are probably looking at a bad control board on the unit. If you are hearing that grinding/roaring noise during the spin cycle that gets louder with the speed, you may want to look for a new washer. The board itself is 180 dollars at Sears and 160 on Amazon. The tub bearing price is not even worth mentioning because it is so high.

Robert :

I hate giving you that news but we have tried all we can.

Customer:

thanks brother , I appreciate your time.

Robert :

No problem.

Robert :

Would you like that part number for the control or are you scootin this one out the door?

Robert :

W10189966 is the part number just in case.

Customer:

gonna sleep on it but probably gonna replace this one cause the clothes is stacking up. Will probably save it , fix it at my leisure and give it to someone at church that can't afford a new one

Robert :

Roger that. I think I am going to call it a night and head on. Just let me know if you need anything else. If not, please click the accept button to close this chat if you are happy with my advice and have a good night!

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.