Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

how do you get to the pump of frigidaire top load washer model

how do you get to the pump of frigidaire top load washer model #fws445rfs

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

Look at the pic below:

Robert :

See the 2 items labeled number 41 in the picture?

Robert :

Those are the screws on the bottom of the front panel. Remove those screws. Take the palms of your hands and bump the front panel down. If it does not move you will need to use a putty knife or a flathead screwdriver on the item labeled 7 in the picture. There is one on each side between the top panel and the front panel. You push in on these to release the top or remove the front panel.

Robert :

Sound like something you can handle?

Robert :

If you remove the hoses to the pump just be aware that all of the water in the tub will come rushing out.

Robert :

It could be clogged up with a sock OR the pump may be bad. The part number for the pump, if it is bad, isNNN-NN-NNNN It is 74 dollars at sears but I found it on Amazon for 52. Here is the link:

Robert :

Just let me know if you have any questions. I will be around. If you don't need any other assistance, please click the accept button to close this chat and have a great day.

Customer:

thanks! can you send me ae-mail print out my printer dosen't work

This will show up in your email shortly. Possibly in your spam folder. Check it in about 15 minutes and it should be there.