Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I must have turned the oven off this morning before the clean

Customer Question

I must have turned the oven off this morning before the clean cycle was finished. Now the door locked sign won't turn off and I can't open or operate the oven. the "too hot" sign comes up, but it has been off for 6 hours.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

have you tried putting this back into self clean and letting it finish or will it not respond?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes and it won't respond. The same message comes up
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay . it means the latch assembly has failed , unless the latch switches are back in the normal bake position this will not run. you need to replace the latch assembly, the hardest part is getting the oven open so you can replace it. the only way to do that is fashion a hook out of a coat hanger and fish it down between the door and the oven and pull the hook over to release the door. this can be difficult. if you cant get it open you will need to call a tech so you don't damage the oven or the door. you can order this @ if you get it open. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried turning the circuit breaker off for a minute, and that did the trick. Please suggest this before recommending expensive repairs in the future.