Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

after yesterday I checked the door swith, on button, and thermal

after yesterday I checked the door swith, on button, and thermal fuse by jumping them and testing with ohmmeter. still the dryer doesn't start. what would be next?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

give me a few minutes to look up your model. be back soon.

does this make any noise at all ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is no noise or sound coming from the dryer. i think the timer might be running. i walked out of the room, but it seemed to have run into the off position from whatever cycle it was on
okay, I need to find the diagrams this may have a belt switch in it and if the belt came off or is broken it wont start. give me a few minutes.
no motor/belt switch in this one. you bypassed this and tried it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the belt is intact as far as i can tell. i bypassed the thermal fuse, and check it with the meter. the meter started out at 1, jumped all around and settled about .8
okay if you bypassed it and it didn't start its good. those are the only two parts besides the timer that would cause this. did you check the start switch?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i checked the start switch with the meter. same thing. starts at 1, jumps around and settles on .8 or so. should i try bypassing this switch too?
no bypassing that wont work. the only thing left is the timer, unless your motor is shot but thats unusual one these and they usually make some noise when trying to start. have you checked for 220 volts at the dryer cord block ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is 220 at the block. there is 220 at the receptacle, and 220 where the cord attaches to the dryer. so can i check the timer somehow?
well if you check for 120 volts between a ground and one side of the start switch you should get 120 volts from the wire that comes from the timer. try that
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. i'll try it
okay
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if i use a circuit tester and connect from the black wire of the start button to the cabinet, shouldn't that make it light showing power to the start button?
yes it should. are you not getting power?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the circuit tester doesn't light when i connect it to black wire and cabinet of the start button
okay so its not getting power from the timer. the timer is bad.