Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My washer suddenly stopped working. It will not turn on . the

My washer suddenly stopped working. It will not turn on . the lights that tell which cycle is on will come on if I change the cycle type of load..but only for a second. Will not start the water. What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Try the following reset.

Step One: Unplug the washer from the power outlet. Leave it unplugged for at least 1 minute. After you have waited a minute and plugged it back in you have 30 sec. to complete step two.

• Step Two: Lift the lid to the washer 6 times. You must lift the lid 6 times in 12 sec. You only have to lift the lid 2 inches but you must close the lid completely each time

• Step Three: Place a small load of laundry into the washer. Start the load just as you always would. If the washer finishes the load with no problems you have completed the resetting process.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. After hitting the ACCEPT button you can still ask further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave feedback until we are completely finished,this is a process, you may want to come back later and I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.