Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My washer suddenly stopped working. It will not turn on . the

My washer suddenly stopped working. It will not turn on . the lights that tell which cycle is on will come on if I change the cycle type of load..but only for a second. Will not start the water. What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Try the following reset.

Step One: Unplug the washer from the power outlet. Leave it unplugged for at least 1 minute. After you have waited a minute and plugged it back in you have 30 sec. to complete step two.

• Step Two: Lift the lid to the washer 6 times. You must lift the lid 6 times in 12 sec. You only have to lift the lid 2 inches but you must close the lid completely each time

• Step Three: Place a small load of laundry into the washer. Start the load just as you always would. If the washer finishes the load with no problems you have completed the resetting process.

•  

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. After hitting the ACCEPT button you can still ask further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave feedback until we are completely finished,this is a process, you may want to come back later and I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!