Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Model#GC2225PEKW maytag fridge which when on defrost according

Model#GC2225PEKW maytag fridge which when on defrost according to the test mode the compressor should stop in my case the compressor stay on even with heater on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

The board you replaced is that part number 12868513? What are the first 4 digits of the serial number?

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the board i replace part number is XXXXX 12784413f,the serial number of fridge is that what you want

Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Yes thank you, XXXXX XXXXX number from the sticker up high in the fresh food section.

Is that the part number that was on the package that the part came in? Did you purchase that locally?

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the model number which is the one i gave you not the serial number but can get to house tomorrow the board was purchase locally.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Thats not the part number I am getting for your model, was the refrigerator purchased in the United States? There are the same models in different countries for example, but the part numbers would be different. If you are not in the U.S. let me know where you are and I will get you transferred to the proper area.

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the refrigerator was purchase in the U.S, I am in st.lucia west indes
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
I understand, that could be the difference in part numbers. I have to go by the list I have and I cannot find your part either by part number or model number (the part number you have just replaced), and I have to be able to locate and match the 2 in order to advise you properly. I understand you are trying to get either the short or long defrost to run by putting in the program in that control, but to be able to find what is causing it I need to be able to match everything to make that match the instructions I have for that part. Maybe another tech has run into this problem or recognises your part and can provide assistance. I will opt out which will relist your question to the top of the list for all techs to see and respond to. I aplogise for taking up your time and not being able to provide an answer.

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ALL number on board VSZ1284413F XXXXXXXXX has work with that board , change the board when in defrost mode compressor still runs

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is this the board you replaced?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. so when you put the new board in and this goes to defrost the compressor keeps running while the heaters on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but with the first board when it go on defrost its stay till turn off

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
so it never got to the defrost cycle on its own with the old board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it dose but when it goes on defrost it stay on defrost till off at the plug and back on the compressor start to run

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
so you have to unplug the refrigerator and plug it back in before it wold start back up with the old board ? I'm trying to understand all the symptoms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That when it get to the defrost mode after its plug back everything is working till the next cycle, change the board but with new board when put on defrost compressor will not stop so defrost can take place work and block evaporator with frost.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. well I feel like the new board you received has a problem too. will they let you return it for a replacement ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its was the only one in stock would have to oder one in thanks Bayan for your help .
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. I would say thats the issue, there isn't anything else in this that can cause what your refrigerator is doing. thanks and have a great day! Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I see this answer wasn't accepted can I help you further? if not please press the accept button, its the only way I get paid for helping you. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.