Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

how do i remove old washer,heater element on a kenmore elite

how do i remove old washer,heater element on a kenmore elite dishwasher modle #66516983 and replace new heater element ?
Hello.

Let me pull the tech manual on your unit and I will get you that information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i am waiting on line
On this unit, the easiest way to replace the element is to detach the water and electric to the dishwasher. Take the bottom rack out of the dishwasher. Remove the retaining screws that hold the unit to the cabinet and pull the dishwasher out. Lay the unit on its back and locate the connections to the element. Detach the wiring. Use the link below as a reference.

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K0503088-00005.png

The 2 parts labeled number 3 in the picture unscrew from the element. This will release the element for removal. Stand the dishwasher up and carefully remove the old element noting how it sits in the unit. Install the new element it the same fashion. Lay the unit on its back carefully and secure the element with the washers and the parts labeled number 3. Attach the wires and install the dishwasher again. Check for leaks before putting the bottom kick panel on the dishwasher. That should take care of everything. Let me know if you have any other questions.