Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

any reported problem regarding Kenmore frontal washing machine

any reported problem regarding Kenmore frontal washing machine model
# XXXXX Mine has stopped ti spin this Monday and amazingly, the appliance is only 3 years old ( built in 2007, bought in 2008)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is the door locked and the light on ? how did you get the water out ? did you take the pump hoses off ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the door closed, the light is on, and I cleaned teh water, manually by putting down teh evacuation hose down on the floor in a bowl.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. well sometimes that works but you really need to check the pump hoses. most of the time theres more water in it that you cant see. this will keep the pressure switch from resetting and allow it to go to spin. on the front is there a panel with two screws ? under the door.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes ..
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay remove the panel and you will see the drain pump. get some towels and remove the hoses, this pump is famous for getting a coin stuck sideways it the hose or pump itself, check it good and get all the water out, try it again. let me know thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still doesn't spin..
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. the motor control board is the issue then. the spin control board assembly. I was hoping is was a simple fix. you can order this control @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Control-Board/134149220/1206430?modelNumber=970-C48112-10 its located in the back right corner of the machine when looking from the front. sorry it wasn't a simple fix, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know this look stupid question but how are you sure? ;)
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well the door lock is working and the lights on so thats not the issue, the pump is clear so that shouldn't be the issue, so that leaves the timer or the control. the timers rarely go in the but the control boards do. check and make sure its draining properly. is the water comming out when its draining ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, but not all the water, except when I did your suggetion to take out the clamp on the pump,
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay some of the water will stay but as long as its not a lot its fine. theres always a little left. I have to stick with my original diagnoses. the motor control. it is returnable if by chance that doesn't take care of it but I believe it will.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try it and now, try to find somone to install it I guess.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay you can come back up to 30 days after you accept if you need more help. its not to difficult to replace yourself if you do it from the back. thanks and best wishes. Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, do you know how long it takes to get the piece once ordered and if I can order it from Montreal Quebec Canada?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
oh you would have to order it there. heres the part # though. Manufacturer Number 134149220