Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Inglis electric dryer, model ied4400vq1. I have power

I have an Inglis electric dryer, model ied4400vq1. I have power at the outlet, and where the cord connects to the dryer. The dryer won't turn on. I have bypassed the door switch. Nothing. Also checked for power at the start button. If i did it correctly, nothing. Any suggestions for my next check?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

if your getting 220 volts at the dryer and it wont start the thermal fuse is bad. it is located on the blower assembly in the back of the dryer, unplug the dryer and pull it away from the wall and remove the back panel. the blower will be on the left bottom when looking from behind, you can order this @ and if you have a volt meter theres a video there to show you how to test it. hope this helps, thanks Bryan