Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

have a Kenmore 90 series gas dryer and there is a burning smell

have a Kenmore 90 series gas dryer and there is a burning smell coming from the dryer the lint was clogged outside so I cleared that our as best I could and the tube is cool to the touch and so is dryer but how can I open to see the bottom to make sure there is not a fire
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

I will need the model number off of the sticker around the door opening so I can tell you how to get into your unit. Can you get that for me?

Customer:

model no. 76912693 76912

Robert :

Ok. Let me pull that up.

Robert :

Look at the pic I posted. Number 46 is a clip on the top of the bottom panel. You use a flathead screwdriver to push down on this clip (there are 2 of them) and pull on the panel to get it to flip down. This will give you access to the inside of the dryer so you can vacuum.

Customer:

thank you very much that worked

Customer:

the lint is all black

Customer:

and there is a little tube hanging down is that normal

Robert :

The lint being black is why it was smelling.

Robert :

Where is the tube and what does it look like?

Customer:

like a small plastic tube is ribbed like the host

Customer:

hose

Customer:

going to the outside only much smaller

Customer:

and it is hanging down right at the front like directly below the lint drawer

Robert :

Can you take a pic because I don't see a tube on the unit?

Customer:

can I text it to you I don't know how to download from my phone

Customer:

to my computer

Robert :

Can you email it to a neutral email: mrlackey1996@hotmail.com

Customer:

thanks just sent from gmail account

Robert :

ok.

Robert :

That picture is really dark. I couldn't make out what it was. Can you try again with a flashlight?

Customer:

redo sent

Customer:

and thank you so very very much

Customer:

it is just my 75 year old mom and I and I could smell burning

Robert :

Not a problem. Just gotta be careful because the rules on the site are strict. I can only look at these pics but I cannot respond to any emails you send other than that. I just wanted to let you know that.

Customer:

we immediately turned off dryer and unplugged and I didn't see smoke

Robert :

I can see that tube now. It is basically a breather tube for the lint area

Customer:

no worries I am in a relationship just needed to be sure the house was not going to catch on fire

Robert :

That is normal.

Robert :

lol, that is not what I meant. They just don't want me answering questions on the side and taking money from them.

Customer:

I understand

Robert :

That tube is normal and the inside looks good.

Customer:

that is all that I needed

Customer:

thank you again and have a good night

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.