Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I accidentally left a teflon oven liner in my oven will on

I accidentally left a teflon oven liner in my oven will on the clean cycle. Have I ruined
my oven? What are my options? How do I clean it and is it safe to use it ? Will it impart a odd flavor to the food?

Desperate! Lisa Earle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is it the top oven or bottom ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The top oven.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

they are saying no longer available on a lot of the parts for this. have you try putting this back is self clean and see if the Teflon bakes off ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I have not. I was afraid to.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well you should try that, it should bake off. and if it doesn't and it doesn't smell then its fine to use, the self clean gets up to 700 degrees if its going to smell or give off fumes it will do it in self clean, if it doesn't your fine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If it does not work to remove the residue and it smells during the self-clean does that mean it will effect the food? When
I normally self-clean the oven, it does have a smell. It is when I use the oven for baking etc, that I
am concern about that it will still have a permanent odor that will be dangerous to eat the food cooked in it. Also did you say that there no parts or very few for my model of oven?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
its not showing the bottom available. the food wont be affected by the Teflon. it doesn't get hot enough to create fumes . if you run the self clean any fumes will burn off.