Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

Kenmore elite dishwasher wont turn on at all. Power good, fuses

Customer Question

Kenmore elite dishwasher wont turn on at all. Power good, fuses good, no blockage?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

hello.

Robert :

Do you have the full model number of this unit?

Customer:

Model #665

Robert :

I need the numbers after the 665. to get the exact unit. Can you get those for me?

Customer:

the only numbers are the serial numbers 15912001

Robert :

That is the model number complete. 665.15912001. Look at the picture below at number 6. Did you check that fuse?

Robert :

It is located on the control board in the control area.

Customer:

How would I get to the control board?

Customer:

Sorry, No I did not check that fuse.

Robert :

Open the door on the dishwasher and remove the screws on the panel to get into the control area. Be careful not to drop the screws into the dishwasher pump area.

Robert :

You can bypass it to see if it will work for you if you don't have a voltmeter.

Robert :

Let me know what you find and I will get you the part info if you need it.

Customer:

I will try and get back to ASAP. Thanks.

Robert :

No problem

Robert :

Any luck?

Customer:

I did find another number below the serial number FL1110110, if that helps. The control board doesn't look like the diagram above. As the control box is laying out in front of me there are several wires to the right that all lead to two seperate connectors connecting to a white part that says "microtemp"?? to the left of the door handle is another box that has two wires going into it. I can't really see anything that looks like a fuse

Robert :

The microtemp is the fuse.

Robert :

It is there to protect the board.

Robert :

It just clips on the side of the board.

Customer:

Good. Could I find that fuse at a Home Depot?

Robert :

You would have to order it from a part supplier. Stores like Home Depot don't carry that stuff.

Robert :

Test it and let me know if it is bad. I can get you the part number.

Customer:

I do not have a volt meter, you mentioned above that I could bypass it?

Robert :

Yes. Take the two wires off of the microtemp and join them together OR use a jumper wire(short wired stripped on both ends) to join the two wires together and complete the circuit.

Robert :

You will be able to test it then.

Customer:

For the sake of your time, I will try this but maybe you should just give me the part number as well and if need be I can order the new one?

Robert : (NNN) NNN-NNNNis the part number for the new kit. You can order it from www.searspartsdirect.com for around 20 dollars.
Customer:

Thanks Robert. I really appreciate your help. This is my first time using Just Answer, it won't be my last. Have a great night.

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.