Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

I have profile arctica pss25sgna and the freezer temp has been

Customer Question

I have profile arctica pss25sgna and the freezer temp has been rising. What could the problem be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Customer:

Hi there

Customer:

I have a problem with my freezer temp

Robert :

Look on the back panel, inside the freezer about halfway down, and see if there is any frost on the wall first. If not, pull the unit away from the wall and make sure the vent is clear on the back. If the vent is clear, remove the cover over the compressor area and make sure the fan next to the compressor is running. If the fan is running then check the compressor and make sure it is running(pretty hot and shaking). Let me know what you find.

Customer:

It currently is not on right now, but my friend was looking at it the other day and he believes that it's due to one of the fans not working properly. He says he believes that the compressor seems to be on. Would you know anything about that?

Robert :

If the fan in the freezer is not working then that will cause the problem you are having.

Customer:

how can i fix that?

Robert :

You will have to verify that by plugging it in and checking the fans. Replacing the fan is easy but don't waste your money until you know.

Customer:

once i plug it in, how can i check if the fan is working or not?

Robert :

You can open the door on the freezer and hold the door switch in. Wait about 1 minute and see if you hear the fan running OR hold you hand up by the icemaker area and feel for air flow.

Robert :

I can get you a video that will show you how to replace the motor if it is bad.

Customer:

there is no air flow by the icemaker

Robert :

You don't hear the motor either?

Customer:

nope

Robert :

Ok. Let me get the part number and the link to the video.

Customer:

okay thank you

Robert :

It may look a little different than yours but it will come apart the same.

Robert :

WR60X10185 is the part number for the new motor. It will cost about 53 dollars and you can get it at www.searspartsdirect.com.

Customer:

okay. can i only order this part online or would i be able to find it at a store?

Robert :

You can order it locally but some stores have hefty markups. Just call ahead with the part number and see if they will price match Sears if they are too high.

Customer:

okay. thank you

Robert :

No problem

Robert :

Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

Customer:

i believe that is it. if for some reason that does not fix the problem, is there any way for me to contact you again?

Robert :

You can use the link in your email to get back to this question if you need more help.

Robert :

It may go to your spam folder so check there.

Customer:

okay thank you

Robert :

No problem. Please click the accept button to close this chat if my advice has helped you and have a great night!

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey rob,

I received a new evaporator fan but it didn't come with a thermoster wire. What am I supposed to do?
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
You have to cut the terminals on the old plug with a utility knife so that you can transfer the thermistor to the new plug. Some of the motors came with the thermistor, some didn't GE didn't do it with all of them(which doesn't make sense to me). Be careful so you don't yourself. I usually cut the plastic around the metal piece and push the small tab on the side of the probe in so I can pull the wire out completely. Let me know if you have any issues doing that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm having trouble pushing the wires out
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Did you push the tab on the side of the probe? It will push out easier if that is pushed in.