Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

hi our stacked unit no. LSE7806ADE dryer wont start , when

Customer Question

hi our stacked unit no. LSE7806ADE dryer wont start , when you press start button it buzzes but wont start.Any ideas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hello.

Is the buzzing noise an actual end of cycle type buzz or more of a humming, stalled noise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is loud sounds more like end of cycle buzz
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Try opening the door on the dryer and taping the door switch off with electrical tape(or whatever you have that will hold it in). Push the start button with one hand and use your other hand to spin the dryer drum clockwise. Let me know if this makes it run.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am not at same location as dryer right now. Can i try it layer , and still get back to you
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely. Just post the results when you can and I will get back with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks robert
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
No problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello robert i tried holding button and spining dryer but drum wont budge
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

You either have a locked motor on the unit OR one of the roller bearings has locked up on the drum. Was the unit making any noise over the last few months(squealing, squeaking)?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i dont know.Just moved into rental unit. Wash/dry unit already here.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Are you responsible for the repair?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes but i will get reimburst
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Before you go any further you will need to unplug the unit and pull the front off of the dryer and find out which thing is binding the drum up. The slanted panel under the dryer comes off first. Then you will have to locate the screws in the top of the front panel and remove them. Next you will have to loosen the screws on the bottom of the front panel. The whole front panel should lift off and allow you to inspect the interior. You will need to look at the belt, the drum bearings and the motor. Test them all to see if they are locked up. Look in the blower area and see if something fell into the blower wheel and locked it up. Let me know what you find.
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Let me know what you find so I can get the part numbers you need to fix the issue you are having.