Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Dishwasher model GU2500 XTPS7 - accusense light flashes and

Dishwasher model GU2500 XTPS7 - accusense light flashes and normal cycle light flashes, dishwasher will not start,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

can you tell me if the lights flash a certain amount of times then repeats ? like 7 times then repeats?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IT will just continually flash, no apparent sequence. I just powered down for 10 minutes and it started up, so I am letting it run, but it did this last time i powered down and then it still shut off and went to accusence light flashing then eventually both accusense and normal lights flashing
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sounds like the heater may have failed. do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I have a volt meter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it started up again ran for a minute then shut off, then came back on for about 30 seconds , then off and the accusnese light is flashing continually.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

okay good. remove the access panel under the door and shut the breaker off at the box,

you want to isolate the heater by unplugging one of the terminals, then test it like shown in this video. click this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/W10134009/1381534?modelNumber=GU2500XTPS7 let me know if it tests good.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the panel off at the bottom of the dishwasher , i can look underneath , but I dont know what to check continuity on, the heating elements drop through the floor of the inside of the dishwasher in the very back, are there wires up front i can chcek? I ahve the breaker to the dishwasher off
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats the tough part, if you are able to click this link and it downloads then its the service manual. not sure if it will download for you. if it does you can see the wiring diagram and be able to test this from the board. try it . https://servicematters.com/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%208572216.pdf
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have the wire diagram. when I look under the washer I see a blue/red and a red wire that look they go to a spade lug on the right side of the washer , I pulled on them and they didnt come off easily, so i didnt pull harder. I cannot see how they connect to the machine to know if there is a certain way to get them off. I believe these are the connectors to the heater element, however even if I get them off I wont be able to see what the wires connect to. Sounds like it is time to call a repairman?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
they are spade plugs and I know you would have trouble reconnecting them. I was hoping you could test the element from the board in the door . you don't think you could ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont know how to get to the board. If it is a heating element or a board itself then I will need a repairman, so i will set up a technician call, thanks for your help. How Do I get you apid? I dont see an "Accept" button?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay well wishes and thanks. I wish there was an easy fix sorry. you should see the accept button now. have a great Sunday. Bryan