Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

F 09 code

F 09 code
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

you should check your drain pump trap first thing. this code is an overflow condition.

F/09

Overflow Condition

If the Overflow contact on the pressure switch is Closed for more than 60 seconds and Overflow condition will occur. In an Overflow condition, the Door will remain locked, and the Drain Pump will run constantly, even if PAUSE/CANCEL is pressed twice and the Display is cleared. Unplug the unit to service.

• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or inked.
  • Check Wire Harness connectors to the Drain Pump, Pressure Switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check/Clean Drain Pump Filter of foreign objects
  • Check for Drain Pump Failure
  • Check the Inlet Valve for proper shut off
  • Check the Pressure switch for proper operation
this pump trap is located behind the access panel under the door, there are two screws holding the panel on real close to the floor, you almost have to lay on the floor to see them, clean the pump trap and try it again, let me know if that works. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All checked out ok. So I blew in the presure switch and sucked it back. Machine is working now. Most likely the presure switch was stuck? Also is there a product to remove washer odor? We're using HE detergent.
Thanks
Gilles
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

yes thats what it sounds like. this happens sometimes. good job and glad you got it running . thanks and best wishes, Bryan.

you can get a product called afresh at you local store to help get rid of the odor.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Machine wash for 18 minutes then F 09 code can back and we"re back in trouble
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, sounds to me from what your saying the pressure switch is bad. unless theres a lot of suds in the machine I would say replace the switch.