Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a front loading frigidaire washing machine. The tub

Customer Question

I have a front loading frigidaire washing machine. The tub does not spin or agitate. The machine does fill and drain though as it goes through its cycle. The main belt is still in place, door locks and unlocks normally. Since I am in a remote area, I would like to order all the parts that could be possibly causing the problem. Help! motor, control board??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

your problem is most definitely the motor control board if everything else works. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Control-Board/134149220/1206430?modelNumber=FWT647GHS0 this should take care of your issue. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey Bryan, thanks for the quick reply. I am going to order the control board. Just to cover my bases, is there anything else that the problem could be attributed to. I would like to order all the possible parts as I am in an extremely remote location so getting the parts here is very difficult. Like I said before, it looks like everthing else is working except the motor. I can hand spin it though so its not frozen. thanks for your help, mike
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well if the timer moves like it is suppose to and it fills and drains then the only part left is the motor control. we replace a lot of these. this should fix the issue. thanks Bryan