Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a jenn air jcb 2285hes refrigerator. Several times

I have a jenn air jcb 2285hes refrigerator. Several times in the last year I have opened the refrigerator door to find it warming up. The power is on, but the digit display for temperature control has a dash instead of a digit, and the buttons will not change it. After unplugging the power cord and plugging back in, the compressor starts and it runs properly again. No unusual noises, the coils are cleaned about every 6 months... I don't have any other reason to suspect a problem. Any ideas?

Thanks. By the way, the website pushes all jennair questions back to the oven tab.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

okay this is a common problem on these refrigerators, your control needs to be replaced, this had the digital display built in. you need to order and replace it. I'll send you a link to the part in a few minutes, thanks Bryan
you can order the control at the following link . it comes with instructions. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for the prompt reply. i have used repairclinic parts for our dishwasher and washing machine before with good success. Where is this circuit board located within the refrigerator, and is it accessible without special tools? I am a little skeptical of Jennair designs because of my experience with their microwaves: i cannot seem to access the burned out bulb to replace it on that microwave: just want to be sure i can get to this board in the refrigerator to replace it.

Bob R
the control is the part where you push the buttons to set the temps. # there are only a few screws to remove to take this down, but first you must pop the face plate off # XXXXX it snaps on. there are two 1/4 inch screws under that and two going into the ceiling of the refrigerator just behind the control. fairly easy to replace. hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Many thanks, Bryan. This is a valuable service and very convenient.

Bob R
your very welcome Bob, have a great weekend !, thanks Bryan