Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How do I stop my Fisher Paykel top load dryer to stop squeaking

How do I stop my Fisher Paykel top load dryer to stop squeaking it sounds like metal on metal. The belt is in tact
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Guru :

hello

Appliance Guru :

Hello are you here?

Customer:

Working on a dryer on a friday night so okay at best

Appliance Guru :

Alright you have the top load dryer....correct not the front load

Customer:

correct from Fisher Paykel

Appliance Guru :

Ok you will need this part and it comes with instructions this is a very common problem...

Appliance Guru :

Its just a bad design...cause by the design and overloading

Customer:

how hard is it to put in? Is it going to cost another 30 bucks to help to install it?

Appliance Guru :

The directions it comes with are pretty good...Its a little job, but not too bad. You should be able to do it with just the instructions.

Customer:

I have seen several vidieos on youtube about bad bearings in these dryers they all sound like grinding mine is much more of a sqeuak.

Appliance Guru :

Ok does it go squeak squeak kinda slow like the speed of the drum or like a high pitched super fast screeching

Customer:

it sounds like it squeaks one time every revolution

Appliance Guru :

Yeah the bearings are just going bad....if you catch it soon enough you can do the job from the inside by just replacing the sleeve in the kit.

Appliance Guru :

Get the kit

Customer:

Since the bearings are bad can I run it or will it cause more damage to the dryer?

Appliance Guru :

You can, but I would get it fixed ASAP on that machine. If it grinds through you will wreck the machine. A couple small loads for now won't kill it

Customer:

Cool thanks

Appliance Guru :

If you get the kit and can't figure it out contact me direct I will help you

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.