SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

My frustration runneth over. I cannot get someone to repair

Customer Question

My frustration runneth over. I cannot get someone to repair my Thermador range Model PRSE484GGS, Serial 95050090N. Appliance store where I bought it won't show up. Second man gave up and returned my payment. Third man says he is waiting for manual.

Problem: Gas burners (and grill, griddle) will not light. Burners spark but no gas comes up. Using a match does not light burners. I used to be able to turn on/off for five minutes and finally get one burner to light slowly, then all would work. Now I cannot get even this to work. (First group said they thought it was the gas regulator, but two of them couldn't figure out how to get inside the range to work on it.) What do you think is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are you saying ALL of the burners on the cooktop won't work? Or just the 2 on the left or??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All the burners. Grill has glow bar but this will not flame either.
Finally, how do I get someone to fix this? Thermador site and call center have not been helpful.
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 2 years ago.
Stove top pilot lights will remain lit but the flame will not ignite if the burner hole is clogged. Turn off the stove and all surface control units and remove the burner heads and caps when the stove is cool. Use a twist tie or a sewing needle to carefully clean the burner hole on the side of the burner to remove grease, food or debris. Do not enlarge the burner hole, as this may cause damage or a malfunction.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have looked into cleaning the holes and cannot see anything clogged. Also, how would this explain the grill and griddle not lighting up. These cannot be clogged at the burner location. ???
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this. The only component that could affect all the different burners/grill is the gas regulator. In regards XXXXX XXXXX service have you asked thermador for the info on the warranty service provider they use in your area? This company would have easy access to all of the necessarily info/call support that the manufacture has.
Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thermador has been less than satisfactory and all four of the local service folks have not been able to help. Thank you for your responses.
Good luck, sorry you have such trouble with all your local repair companies.