Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

After I initiated the "clean" mode on my Maytag range it shows

After I initiated the "clean" mode on my Maytag range it shows an F9-2 error code and the doors remain locked. I have attempted to "cancel" several times, however the error remains. I waited until the ovens had completely cooled before I attempted to cancel. I am wondering if unplugging the range will reset the computer and unlock the doors. thanks. Sandi

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

the error code is indicating a door latch issue.

F9:-2Latch, Unlock Upper Check for obstruction in door lock mechanism

you can try unplugging this but I'm not sure that will work. your door latch failed. very common . the real problem is getting this unlocked so you can change the latch assembly. would you have the model # ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no I don't have the model number. It is a free standing range with glass top and halogen burners, also has warming oven on top of regular oven.
is there a bottom drawer ? look in there for a model # tag if so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no bottom drawer, just warming oven and regular oven, both of which are locked
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no bottom drawer, just warming oven and regular oven, both of which are locked.
oh boy . thats a tough situation, the only thing you can try is pull the oven away from the wall and unplug it , remove the back panel and see if the door lock latch assembly is on the back. if so you can release the doors there if not unfortunately you should call a tech to get this open, you don't want to damage this further , you can try one more thing also. try putting this back into self clean if the controls respond and waiting 5 minutes then cancel it see if it unlocks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, unplugging it worked! thank you! I found the model number on the nameplate in back. It is MER6770AAC
thats great. hopefully the clock just scrambled and it will be fine, this may have been a fluke, try bake and see if it works, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, bake works
okay great ! I wouldn't worry about it then, doesn't seem to be any damage. have a great day ! thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help.
your very welcome.