Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a ge stainless steel dishwasher with the buttons on

i have a ge stainless steel dishwasher with the buttons on the top. the lights (green) are normally on so i can select the options. now the lights are not on when the door is open but they come on when i close the door. i can press start, when the door is closed, and the dishwasher will stat. any ideas?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the model # ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what happens when you try to set the cycle ? do the keys beep at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, when the door is open, none of the keys work. When I close the door all of the keys work I can get my pinky finger in there & when I press start the dishwasher works great.
okay so its running okay right ? is the issue just that you cant see the control or get your fingers in to set it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Before, I was able to set my options on the keys, with the door open, press start, close the door & it would start its cycle. Now, when the door is open the keys are dead.

try shutting the power of at the breaker for 5 minutes then turn it back on, see if it resets .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. I will get back to you in a few mins. Thank you.
okay, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still the same Bryan. Keys are inopperable when the door is open.
okay , this machine only has one door switch so thats not the issue, the only other thing is the control module itself. its not reseting . you need to order and replace it, you can order it @ this is located inside the door itself. remove the screws around the inside of the door and lift the panel up. thanks and best wishes, Bryan