Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE profile wall convection oven does not heat up passed 100

GE profile wall convection oven does not heat up passed 100 dgrees. what part do I need to fix it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay the first thing you need to check is tell me whether the broiler comes on when you put this on broil. Also you saying it just doesn't heat up in the convection or does it not heat up at all on either regular bake or convection?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
does not heat up on regular or convection but broil does work
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay does the control set correctly? What I mean is you are able to set the control to say 350 and it starts like it's going to bake?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes. The fan comes on like nornal just never gets hot.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
There are two thermal detectors in this oven on the roof of the oven behind the control panel, if one of these goes it won't heat so you need to check the thermal protectors, you would need a voltmeter and you would need to shut the power off to the oven before attempting any repair like this, check the thermal protectors for continuity with at least one wire removed from each one, if you do not get continuity on one of them it is bad and needs to be replaced, these are not expensive they're under five dollars at the following link. if the broil works you're getting enough power so you need to check those thermal protectors.