Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello , I have a Maytag gas dryer ( MDG3500BWW ) ; gas

Customer Question

Hello , I have a Maytag gas dryer ( MDG3500BWW ) ; gas and venting ok , no power to control panel..... stopped running. ** Circuit breaker checked also , which item on control board needs to be replaced . Thanks , Mr. Wareham / Woodbury ,Mn
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Does the light in the drum come on when you open the door?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes , the light inside drum comes on when dryer door is opened .
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay so you replaced the timer the thermal fuse and it still won't run or did it run and then stop again? Do you have a voltmeter? Do you know how to check continuity with a voltmeter? There are only a couple of things that would cause your issue. Of course you're saying none of the lights come on the control panel? Are you talking about the dryness control light? One thing that is suspect could be the door switch is bad or the start switch itself is bad, you would need to test these with a voltmeter however. I have videos to show you how to test it with a voltmeter let me know if you have one. Thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I donot have a voltmeter , if I replace the door switch and start switch will that solve my problems ? Could the timer or the fuse be bad , that were installed in 2009 ? Thanks , Dan Wareham

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay so the timer and the fuse were replace back in 2009? Most likely it wouldn't be the timer however the thermal fuse most definitely could be the issue, I thought you replaced those recently I'm sorry, my guess is the thermal fuse is gone again, I'm sure you know what it looks like or do you ? You can do a quick test by unplugging the dryer take the two wires off the thermal fuse and tape them together just for a test and try starting the machine, if the machine starts the thermal fuse is bad but do not run it like this for very long, it's a safety fuse and you don't want to be using the dryer without it, if you need to order it here is a link where you can order it, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/33001762/516650?modelNumber=MDG3500BWW I'm pretty sure this is the issue, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is thermal fuse located ? What is the best way to remove ? ( control top panel , inside the drum??? )
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
The thermal fuse is located on the blower assembly number 10 on this diagram,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
you need to remove the front panel there are screws holding the front panel on where the door hinges are and across from them remove those and pull the U-shaped panel out at the top in it will come off and you will be able to take it off the bottom clips and put it aside, make sure you have the dryer unplugged before doing any of this, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan