Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Earlier today, I communicated with Bryan (TN) regarding my

Earlier today, I communicated with Bryan (TN) regarding my GE microwave. The fuses have checked out OK with a meter, however, I have replaced them with new ones anyway. That still has not corrected the problem. Is there anything else I can check before taking it down and going to a repair shop?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Hi this is Bryan, the fuses checked good so you have a voltmeter that's good, you need to locate the thermal fuse next, it is usually located on the roof of the oven where you remove the grill, it should be right in there on the roof of the microwave, if you click this blue link it will take you to the diagrams and the thermal fuse is number 44 on the diagram. it's kind of buried in there so you have to get to it but usually you can get to it through the grill, worse comes to worse if you have to take the microwave down you can remove the cover to get to it, I was hoping it was just the fuse but the only other thing that would cause this to be completely dead would be the thermal fuse. Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Bryan. I will check it out and let you know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay great, I'm on and off today so just leave a message and I will get it but I usually check in every 15 or 20 min. or so, there's not many other things that can cause this if the light is out when you open the door then obviously it's on the in-line somewhere because if it was a board or something of that nature the light inside would still come on when you open the door, the thermal fuse most likely the issue if the fuses weren't. Thanks, Bryan