Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My new Bosch washing machine (Ive used it four times) cannot

My new Bosch washing machine (I've used it four times) cannot be opened, and the laundry is trapped inside. It is one of those tiny stackable ones. I drained it manually, as suggested on the internet, and it still won't open. I pulled so hard on the door that I think I dislodged the handle a little as well. I am so frustrated. Help!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you look down by the drain catch where you drained out all the water, there should be a small cable that you can pull on to manually unlock the door. If it's brand new, I'd call warranty because it sounds like your latch has failed possibly or something else like the control board. Either, way, the unit is new so I'd call warranty.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks so much.

I don't have a warranty because I got it from some appliance warehouse off of Craigs List (last time I do that) in Providence.

So, if I pull on the small cable, I may be able to manually unlock the door? How hard do you have to pull it? My fiance found a cable to the left and pulled it, but it didn't seem to do anything. Could this be perhaps that he didn't pull it far enough? This was last night...we haven't tried it since I got your message (I'm at school right now).

You need to pull fairly hard and open the door at the same time, that is how to unlock the door. And regardless of where you got the appliance, Bosch will warranty the product for 1 year as long as it was never installed or purchased prior to you buying it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much; I'll try that.