Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

my daugther has a maytag gas hot water heater that sometimes

my daugther has a maytag gas hot water heater that sometimes doesn't heat the water to the current setting. if you move the control back and forth a few times it seems to work ok. my concern is whether to replace the thermostat or put in a new heater. since this heater was in the house when she bought it 4 years ago I don't how old it is. it looks fairly new. age determines what we want to do, repair or replace. can you tell me how old this heater is. the model number is XXXXX and ser# XXXXX XXXXX thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will be helping you so please stay on line with me until we finish, If your not up to doing the repairs then please tell me now

are you talking about the gas control on the side?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry I was outside doing something. yes its the control that lets you setr the water to the temp you want
thats the gas thermostat and these cost about $125 to $175 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you or a local plumbing supply dealer but it have to be replaced to fix the unit ,, thanks
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks