Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My inSinkerator is also leaking: small, slow drip from the

My inSinkerator is also leaking: small, slow drip from the bottom of the unit. Does the plastic housing ever warp at the bottom? My tank is just a bit over 3 years old. Can I drain it, check bottom screw, and expect it to "be all better?" Or will I have to buy a new tank?

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When you get a leak out the disposal, there is nothing you can do but to replace it. I know the unit is only 3 years old, so you'll want to see if it has an extended warranty on it, but the cost of repairing the unit will be muc more than the cost of just replacing it, so it's best to just replace when it starts to leak.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is not a disposal. It is the instant hot water dispenser. Any different opinion?
ah, even for a hot water dispenser the answer is still the same. Unless one of the connections is leaking where the water line goes into or out of the hot water dispenser box, then the tank is leaking at there actually is no repair for when the tanks leak on these water dispensers.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, then can I replace JUST the tank? The top spigot works just fine, as well as the filter (or so it seems)
unfortunately not. They don't see just the tank It's sold as an entire kit. The only thing that is sold separately is the thermal fuse and thermostat in case the water stops heating up.