Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Elite top loader and st time it will not spin

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite top loader and st time it will not spin the tub to get the last of the water out. The motor runs and pumps out the water but no spin.
Any ideas /
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

Can you get us the full model number? It should be right under the lid in the back. Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model number is : 110-16962500

Bill
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess I should have included the info that I had already replaced the drive coupling. Is there a solenoid that has to operate to let the tube spin ? When I have tested I always hear a solenoid operate but then it works when I am standing there also. I feel that it is a contact in the main control switch, just wondering if this is an issue in that model of washer ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
so this doesn't even try to spin ? if you spin the tub does it try to spin ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan,

No it doesn’t even move when the motor starts for the spin. Can’t try to spin the tube as the lid safety switch shuts down the motor. I would have to by-pass the switch to do the tube hand start. For some reason it has been working ok for the last 2 days. I have stood there and listened to it and each time do here a solenoid operate but it has been working. Was listening to see if there was no sound but it won’t fail for me now.

I will keep monitoring it to see if I can come up with more info.

Thank You for your time and help.

Bill
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay Bill let me know if theres anything further, if you continue to have issues you may need to replace the clutch assembly.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
this had an actuator with it also. if that isn't bad then the Neutral Drain kit inside the transmission may be the issue, it gets a little more complicated when it comes to this.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
let me know. thanks, Bryan