Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have frig model XXXXXXXXXXX water on floor at front of frig

Customer Question

I have frig model XXXXXXXXXXX water on floor at front of frig and dampness on cardboard backing at the valve solonid. appears water leaking at icemaker. If I replace part(NNN) NNN-NNNN is that most likely the issue and will that most likely correct the problem? Or is there something else causing my issue. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you turn the icemaker off, does the leaking stop to you know? Also, can you send over the model number again with a space between each number so that the website doesn't block it again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model number 1 0 6 5 7 0 7 1 7 9 1. Yes, water still leaks when the icemaker is turned off. Thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Do you see any ice or water on the floor inside the refrigerator or freezer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there was water inside the freezer. appeared to come from the icemaker at the point where the splastic hose connects.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. Cut a solid copper piece of wire about 6 inches long. Wrap it around the defrost heater a couple times just above the drain hole and extend it 2 inches into the defrost drain hole. That will transfer heat into the drain hole when the defrost heater turns on and will prevent the defrost drain line from freezing over in the future.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Feb 09 - Issue was not resolved. required to call service man to identify the issue. I respectfully request a refund of the 23.00 paid on the 1st of Feb. Thank you Don Miller

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK well not sure why the issue wasn't resolved but I wish you the best of luck.