Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Washer not spinning, load still wet. sensor light flashing.

Washer not spinning, load still wet. sensor light flashing. I removed all the wet items and set dial to drain & spin cycle, but washer goes to sensing and then the light starts to flash again and nothing else happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

purchased washer & dryer same day so don't which of these numbers is for which.

Model WTW4850xq0 Serial C12020168

Model WED 4800XQ0 Serial M147 21959

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay so this gets to the spin and just doesn't run at all doesn't drain then doesn't spin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Water drained but blanket still very wet so not sure if spin quite because of unbalance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay so this was banging around out of balance? Most likely you trip the balance switch, let me see if I can pull up the information on that. Give me a few minutes, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
booklet that came with appliance says the Whirlpool Corp. has limited warranty for one year from date of purchase for factory specified parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials and workmanship. purchased appliances around Thanksgiving of 2011.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

There is no balance switch on this machine that I can find, after some research though the lid switch is gonna be the issue, the latch, you will need to replace this when these get out of balance they break the switch, you can order it at the following link,

and if you click this link it will take you to all the diagrams, thanks and best wishes, Bryan

okay I just got your reply before I sent all this, this should still be under warranty then so that's good, there's nothing you can really do short of replacing the switch to get it to run at this point anyway, there's no use in you paying for however so I would definitely call for service right away and have them take care of it. Thanks very best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i print your reply
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
You should be a print button your top bar on your computer, along the top of these posts you should be able to print from there or if you right-click your mouse and then scroll down to print it should print out for you, if you have any further questions please ask, thanks, Bryan