Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have (GE) microwave, model #PVM1870M1SS, serial # XXXXX

We have (GE) microwave, model #PVM1870M1SS, serial # XXXXX which is completely dead. Apon arriving home yesterday afternoon, I noticed that the microwave was not on. I checked the outlet to see if it was live. It is live, and do not know what to look at next. Do I need to remove it and take it in to a service facility? If so, can you direct me to one in the Sacramento area?

Thank you
Mike Crumley
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

These microwaves have an in-line fuse inside the microwave itself, this is located behind the control panel, this is what the fuse look like, you need to open up the control panel to get to the fuse, along the top there is a grill plastic vent grill, there are two small Phillips head screws holding to grill in place remove them and there will be a screw holding the control panel (touch pad), at the top, remove that and slide the control panel up to on hook it so it will hinge down, the fuse located behind the control panel. Be extremely careful while working on a microwave inside the control panel area, make sure the microwave is unplugged up in the cabinet above the microwave. Lowe's sells the fuses just bring your old fuse with you and find you the replacement fuse. Thanks, Bryan