Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

When the freezer motor comes on it makes a very loud knocking

When the freezer motor comes on it makes a very loud knocking noise

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. Are you hearing the motor for the fan inside the freezer, the fan down low by the compressor?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sound is coming from inside the top part of freezer

Okay, the evaporator fan motor will likely need to be replaced. It is number 610 in the picture, available at the link below. This fan motor is accessed by removing the icemaker assembly, the rear cover panel and the fan housing. It simply unplugs and plugs back in. There is alot of disassembly required, but it is not difficult to replace.

Evaporator Fan Motor $61.43

Clicking the "ACCEPT" button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Kelly, I will need to call someone to replace that for or can you do that for me?
If you post your zip code, I can provide you a link to an Authorized Service Center in your area.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

45227

The link below is to a highly regarded servicer in your area. Please be sure to leave positive feedback after you accept, thanks!

Click here for service company referral

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so very much I was afraid I would have to get a new one. You hav been very helpful and worth the money. Have the best evening ever with your family and friends!!

Thanks again

Debbie