Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am coverting a Whirlpool dryer WGD 4900 XW to propane I

Customer Question

I am coverting a Whirlpool dryer WGD 4900 XW to propane I was given kit #49572. The blocking pin will not fit this regulator. The regulator has a indexing mark on the body and 2 marks on the diaphram cover, LPG and NG. Can you advise how to finish?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

let me see is I can find the info on that. is this the kit you have ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is...There is a sticker by the valve that indicates I need Kit #49572A. I assume they have changed regulators and we have not caught up.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

https://servicematters.com/secured/docs/part_instruct/694571.pdf this is the instructions from the service manual, click the blue link.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The site requires a password XXXXX user name
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

it should come up try this. https://servicematters.com/secured/docs/part_instruct/694571.pdf it may not have copied

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Same problem...name and password. We fix this I will gladly accept!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay it will not allow me to send you directly to the page unfortunately, only technicians are allowed on the site so I can't give you the passwords however I did copy the tech sheets and I'll see if I can get you these, give me a few minutes, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
https://servicematters.com/secured/docs/part_instruct/694571.pdf this open for me even when I'm not signed in, try it one more time if that doesn't wok tr copying and pasting it to your URL bar
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It must know your computer...same problem.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well I can't get you the instructions from there unfortunately, only authorized service tech allowed to view the service tech sheets, I'm going to opt out and maybe somebody has this in the computer separate from the original site and may be able to help you, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. Try the link below.

Attachment: 2012-02-01_181832_694571.pdf

Clicking the "ACCEPT" button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Kelly....this is the kit and directions I have as well but the regulator in my dryer is differant the blocking pin will not fit. The regulator has an indexing m ark and the diaphram cover has two marks, LPG and NG. I assume it should be turned to the LPG but want to insure I do it right

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.
Oh, then you will not need the extra regulator plunger. Simply line up the mark on the cap to the LP mark and you will be good.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!