Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Spacemaker laundry machine, and it stopped mid cycle

Customer Question

I have a Spacemaker laundry machine, and it stopped mid cycle when the spin was suppose to start. Its been full of water for a day now, and I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. I would greatly appreciate any advice you may have - thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you turn the washer back to wash, will the unit still agitate? And I can get the model number by chance?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
stil agitating - working on model #
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok, then this means that your lid switch has failed. You need to replace the lid switch under the top panel of the washer because it doesn't think the lid is down. This will stop the washer from draining or spinning for safety reasons.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
If you need anything else, just let me know. Good luck to you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just wondering - the lid switch doesn't seem to be attached to anything. Is is a mechanical piece, or is there suppose to be wiring attached
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
It should be attached to wires and then it should be mounted to the bottom of the top panel by a bracket so that when the lid comes down, it triggers the button on the switch.