Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The top part of the fridge seems to be on the fritz! I cleaned

The top part of the fridge seems to be on the fritz! I cleaned it yesterday and it seemed to work fine thru the late evening yesterday. But this morning the light went out and it started beeping like the door was open, so I tried resetting it by turning the power off and the on and it seem to work for a while but started back beeping again after the light went off again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What do you mean exactly "but started back beeping again after the light went off again"? What light are you talking about?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light on the inside when you open the door.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
it doesn't just shut off when you shut the door?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The top section seems to have stop working, the temp gauge has gone up to 57 and the freezer holds steady at its setting.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
understood, but what I'm asking is:

The light doesn't just shut off when you shut the door? Or why are you mentioning the light at all?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You still there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I was just asking what the light has to do with the situation? You were saying it was going out? Does it not come back on inside until you unplug the refrigerator or?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's seems to reset briefly if the power gets cut, but the beeping continues even after you reset the light.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok so unplug the power and plug it back in so that the lights are working. Shut the doors and peal back the door seal with a butter knife or something. Is the light still on inside the refrigerator even when the doors are shut?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes if you push the button the light does stay on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what's the verdict is the switch bad and that's thrown everything out of wack?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it sounds like your refrigerator door switch has failed. If it thinks the door is open the light will not shut off and it will turn the circulating fans off. You'll need to replace the door switch to fix this issue.

The light shuts off after 10 minutes or so because the control board wants to make sure you don't melt the inner liner of the refrigerator by the light bulb heating up. It's just a safety precaution.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One more question where to get the switch?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You can order it in the link below if you'd like.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.