Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch dishwasher, Model SHU43C. Lately Im getting

I have a Bosch dishwasher, Model SHU43C. Lately I'm getting a streak of detergent across the dishes and silverware closest to the soap dispenser. I've tried using only a fraction of the usual detergent, filling up the cup about 1/4 of the way. And I've been including about a cup of white vinegar with no rinse aid. The problem persists. A week ago I discovered that there was a lot of undissolved detergent under the sliding lid. So I cleaned it out the best I could and ran the dishwasher with the sliding lid open. But I'm still getting a lot of detergent deposit. I'm wondering if the detergent lid is staying closed too long and only opening near the end of the wash cycle because when the cycle is done, there's still a lot of undissolved detergent in the cup.

To be totally honest, this dishwasher has always sucked. I have to basically clean every dish before putting it in....if I leave any food on a dish it gets baked on.

Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If there id un-disolved detergent in the cup, that means that either something is blocking the water from spraying up into the dispenser, or your seal and impeller kit on the circulation motor needs to be replaced because it's not producing the amount of pressure needed to spray correct. This has nothing to do with the dispenser itself.

Try running a cycle with no dishes inside to see if the detergent rinses out completely. If not, then you need to replace your impeller seal kit. If the detergent does rinse completely, then make sure you don't stack the lower left front quadrant of the bottom basket so tightly because it's blocking the water from getting up to the dispenser.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did try your suggestion and there is still detergent in the cup. If I call a repair person and tell them your idea for what's wrong, will they charge me less? Probably not. But I do appreciate having some idea of what's wrong. In terms of the "usual" problem of any left on food being baked on, do you have a suggestion for that?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
They likely won't charge you less except if you tell them to bring out the impeller seal kit, it may get completed in 1 trip instead of having to come out a 2nd time with the part. As far as food being left on the dishes, once you fix the water pressure problem and if you choose a high temp wash setting, you should se fairly good cleaning results.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.