Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

ice doesnt dispense. water does. when depreased, the temperture

ice doesn't dispense. water does. when depreased, the temperture lights flash.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay if the water dispenses we know the switch is good, does the flap open when you push it in?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay but you just don't hear the auger turning to dispense the ice is that correct? Have you remove the auger (ice bin) to see if it's frozen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sometimes the ice dispenses just a lttle, then the light goes out and the temperture lights begin flashing
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay can you try this, remove the bin and hold the light switch in on the freezer and press for ice and see if the auger fork turns in the back of the freezer section? See if it does it every time try it several times.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, it turns
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay and you had no problem at all with the light blinking while you did that? Also did you tried more than once without an issue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no and yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay check and make sure the auger is not bound up at all, . Empty The ice out into a bucket and then put the auger back in the freezer and try it, let me know if it works okay without ice in it. If the auger is binding up the auger motor will be drawing too many amps making the lights flicker and having a hard time dispensing the ice, this will determine whether it's the auger motor itself or the auger that's the issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
auger does not turn and temperature lights are flashing double 00's
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay so when the auger is empty it still won't turn? Did You check to make sure it turns freely by hand? The auger itself is not binding up is that correct? I just want to make sure we get this right.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
everytking turns by hand. why are the lights flashing i can't reset the temperature
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your main control board is the problem, sorry I was off line for some maintenance, computer was running slow and locking up, you can order it at that link, some research has turned up these boards fail and that's what happens, you need to replace it. Is located on the back of the refrigerator if you pull away from the wall there will be an 8 x 10" panel is behind that panel it's very easy to replace and it comes with instructions. Thanks, Bryan