John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Fabric softener dispenser will not drain water....I have to

Customer Question

Fabric softener dispenser will not drain water....I have to empty it myself after each wash. Any solution?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

Can you tell us the make and get us the model number of this unit? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Frigidaire Affinity model LTF6000ES
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay have you taken the top off the washer yet and tried cleaning the hose that runs from the dispenser to the tub? I'm gathering it's just the dispenser that will not drain into the tub is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it is only the fabric softener dispenser that doesn't drain. Occassionally, I will need to spin a load more than once because it doesn't drain. No, I have not cleaned the hose that runs to the tub.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Do you know if there is water going into the dispenser to rinse the fabric softener down into the tub or not? If water does not mix with this it will open and allow the fabric softener to drain into the tub, the first thing you should do is remove the top of the washer, there are screws along the backside of the top remove those and slide the top back and off, remove the fabric softener hose that goes to the tub and make sure it is clear, let me know when you have that done, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would imagine that there is water going in because when the wash is done and I open the drawer, there is clear water with no trace of the fabric softener. I am actually doing a load now, so I can't do what you are suggesting just yet.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay I'll be around if you can get to that after.