kingmz
kingmz, Customer Service
Experience:  Looking to learn as well as teach.
64161474

I have a kenmore clothes washer, probably 15 years old, and

Customer Question

I have a kenmore clothes washer, probably 15 years old, and it won't drain. It will go through the agitation cycle and then just stop. If we bail out all the water and restart the cycle, it just does the same thing. The timer does not continue to move, it doesn't drain, it just stops at the end of the agitation part of the cycle. What is wrong with it? What part should I check or order?
Submitted: 2 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

kingmz :

Hello does it make any weird noises when trying to spin or does it just stop? If it doesn't make a noise, open and close the lid, do you hear it clicking?

Customer:

It makes no noises. for me to go open and close the lid, I will need to go set up the machine.

Customer:

It just stops.

kingmz :

Ok now on the bottom of the lid you will see a white striker, that striker makes contact with the LID SWITCH. Take an insulted screw driver and put your machine on spin and press down on the lid switch. The switch will be in a small hole where the striker makes contact with.

Customer:

got it, give me a few minutes to go do the test and I'll be back.

kingmz :

if you give me your model number I can give you more information

kingmz :

how did it go?

Customer:

There is no click. I'm assuming you mean a relay click, and there is no click like that when pushing down on the lid switch.

Customer:

Model 92281100

kingmz :

The Part Number: AP3094500

kingmz :

that is the lid switch you will need

Customer:

That's all, eh?

kingmz :

this is what it looks like

kingmz :

if you are satisfied with my answer please accept it. If you have any questions feel free to message me. In order to access your lid switch you will need to take the front shell off.

Customer:

Thank you so much for your help. If I use a paper clip or a piece of wire in the mean time, will I be able to use my washer until the part arrives?

kingmz :

To take off the shell take a phillips and there will be 2 screws behind the back panel on both the left and right side. Or you will have 2 phillips in the front left and right of the panel. There might be a protective cover, they just have clips.

kingmz :

make sure you use something insulted

kingmz :

you will get a good shock

Customer:

yes, of course.

Customer:

have a good day!

kingmz, Customer Service
Experience: Looking to learn as well as teach.