Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I cannot find the oven light part number or how to change fo

I cannot find the oven light part number or how to change fo a Maytag double oven model number 8114p954-60, which model number cannot be found on the website
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Where did you get this model number? The model number is XXXXX in this should be a tag with the full model number on it on the oven itself, open the doors and see if there's a tag there, there is a tag somewhere on the oven. Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I got the number from the bottom of the bottom oven
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay but that's not the model number unfortunately, are there any other numbers anywhere else on this oven? This is an American-made oven is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I tell?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Usually it will start with an MR number Maytag usually starts with letters rather than numbers, look for something with letters at the beginning. If you wish just 70 all the numbers you can find it I'll be glad to figure out which one is the model. Thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MEW6627dds
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay great that works that's the model number, do you need the oven light receptacle is that which you need
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I need a receptacle or can I get a bulb. if just a bulb, how do I open the receptacle?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
You can pick up a ball but Lowe's it's just a 40 W appliance bulb, as far as changing the bulb the glass lens it covers the bulb unscrews counterclockwise, just the glass part in this picture, this picture shows the entire assembly but you just go to remove the glass lens the covers the bulb itself, the bulb that unscrews like a normal light bulb and in fact it is just a 40 watt appliance bulb, available at most stores. I hope this information is useful, if you need the diagrams click on this blue link, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5170913&diagram_id=28480377#d28480377 the manufacturer part number for the bulb itself is,

Manufacturer Number 8009 I hope this information is useful, thanks, Bryan