Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the GE Dryer Harmony and ever since very early on after

Customer Question

I have the GE Dryer Harmony and ever since very early on after purchasing it new, we have had a frustrating problem. The digital LCD display buttons about half the time don't match up with the intended action. Perhaps the electronics behind the display screen of rubber buttons is moving upward because the buttons respond to the action button immediately below them, so if I press an inch above the button I want I get the intended result. What this means is the buttons I need to press at the top of the approx 4"by 4" panel of digital buttons are unreachable since they electronics board behind it has shifted up so I can't press the OK button at the right top to start the cycle of my dryer which otherwise seems to be in good condition. This must be a common problem with this dryer. Help!! An old fashioned dial would have been so much easier.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. The only resolution to this issue is replacing the display assembly, as it comes as an entire assembly. For the cost, I would advise learning to push high, because this part is ridiculously expensive. However, if you would like to replace it, the link to the part is below.

Display Assembly $402.65

Clicking the "ACCEPT" button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the quick complete response! Happily the display related parts are covered for five years by warranty. Now I know how to proceed. : )
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Right on! You lucked out!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Main board they are telling me is covered under warranty now, but not the display assembly. Are these in fact two different parts or are they trying to get out of their warranty coverage?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Let me pull up the warranty, give me a few minutes, please.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.

The warranty does state that only the main electronic control board is covered beyond 2 years. The main board is number 31 in the picture. Unfortunately, if the machine is more than 2 years old, they are correct.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I might as well start from scratch and buy a new one for that price. Never buying GE again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Quite honestly, I am not a fan of GE, either. I am sorry I didn't have better news....