Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Dishwasher Model # XXXXX series. The power went

Customer Question

I have a GE Dishwasher Model # XXXXX series. The power went out at our house yesterday and the dishwasher will not work today. None of the options light up even when I try the reset buttton. I tried turning the power off at the wall switch for a while to reset. That did not work either. What else can I try?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. Do any of the lights come on at all at anytime? Do you have a meter to test for voltage?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not have a meter. No lights come on at all. The motor is running but nothing is happening.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Is there water in the tub that has not drained?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no water in the tub. It is dry.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Okay, you have a control issue. Try leaving the power off for about 5 minutes and if it still is unresponsive, the control will likely need to be replaced. Let me know what happens after a 5 minute power cycle and I can get you the part number, if necessary.

Clicking the "ACCEPT" button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried resetting the power before you even suggested it. It does not work. We will call for service.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
If you would like to replace the control yourself, I can help you. If not, I agree with your decision. Take care.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks anyway. I will call a service man.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Okay, enjoy your day, in spite of the broken dishwasher!